Friday, February 15, 2013

Channapha Khamvongsa Replies

Channapha Khamvongsa, Legacies of War Executive Director

On the afternoon of Saturday, February 9, 2013, I sent an email to Legacies of War to inform them about my own small efforts to raise awareness for their organization. Below is the contents of the email which I sent and the response which followed.

Dear Legacies of War: 
I simply wanted to share with you my own efforts in helping to raise awareness for your organization. 

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and volunteer with a Canadian charity called Adopt a Village in Laos, which through its various humanitarian projects improves and empowers the lives of the villagers of rural Laos. 
In the latter half of 2012, I created a little blog called The Laos Experience, which you can visit at http://thelaosexperience.blogspot.com/. This blog contains direct references to your organization or talks about the bombing legacy in some way. 
Yours sincerely,
Roland Drake
When I checked my INBOX the following morning, I was delighted to discover an email from the Executive Director of Legacies of War, Channapha Khamvongsa. The message had been delivered only a few hours after I had sent my message that Saturday afternoon.

Her reply reads as follows:
Dear Roland, 
Thank you so much for your note. I'm glad to learn about your work in Laos and support of Legacies of War. 
I look forward to connecting more in the future. Please include us in your future updates. I'm also cc'ing my colleagues so they can check out the blog. 
Best wishes,Channapha

No comments:

Post a Comment