Monday, May 6, 2013

My Birthday at Sabai Sabai


On the evening of Saturday, May 4, a small group of us (including three of my Lao friends who live north of my home city of Toronto) dined at Sabai Sabai, the Lao-owned Thai restaurant, to celebrate my 51st birthday. When we arrived, there were already lots people. By the time we departed, the restaurant was packed with customers.

Shortly after arriving, I presented one of the owners, who is originally from Vientiane, a framed version of the water filter campaign poster for Adopt a Village in Laos and a small stack of water filter brochures. I explained that he should display them both in a prominent location in the restaurant, with the intention of generating awareness and excitement among his customers.

The following day I posted a message to Sabai Sabai's Facebook page to thank the owners and staff for making my special day such a truly wonderful and festive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment