Friday, May 3, 2013

Water Filter Donations


The month of May has started off very well.

A couple of weeks ago I briefly visited Sabai Sabai, the Lao-owned Thai restaurant in my home city of Toronto, to deliver some water filter brochures and a display stand for them.


Yesterday I received a wonderful email from Steve Rutledge, Adopt a Village in Laos founder and president, in which he informed me that the restaurant had donated two water filters on the previous day. Later that same day, I posted a message to Sabai Sabai's Facebook page to thank them for their support.


This morning while having coffee with my friend Gary, who had recently donated a water filter, he shared some exciting news with me. Both his mother and sister had committed to donating one water filter each. Once the variety store, which is just around the corner from where we were having coffee, opened, he ventured there to withdraw the necessary funds from the ATM and presented me with the cash.


Later, I visited my bank and had a money order drawn up. Then on my way to work, I popped by the post office and mailed it XpressPost.


Finally, the funds which I had recently collected from the sale of some of the remaining Adopt a Village in Laos T-shirts (created for my Tees for Laos campaign in 2011) will be used in donating one water filter unit in memory of my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment